Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The dark side of Talc: Debate Lingers Over Risks His health

0
The dark side of Talc: Debate Lingers Over Risks His health -

Talc seems harmless right

is still small, and most brands are pleasantly scented ? .

But there is a dark side to the fluffy white powder.

asbestos, mineral linked to mesothelioma, was an ingredient in the talc mixtures in talcum powder. Professional studies in the 1960s showed toxic asbestos fibers can accumulate in the ovaries of some women who have used these products, possibly leading to a diagnosis of ovarian cancer.

Although it is known that the inhalation or ingestion of asbestos increases the risk of developing mesothelioma, there were inconsistencies in studies of ovarian cancer.

Fortunately, most of the arrested talc quality consumer products containing asbestos in the 1970s So should I worry about talcum powder I buy in the store? Perhaps.

A 06 report by the International Agency for Research on Cancer, part of the World Health Organization, shows the use of talcum powder is nonasbestos ?? possibly carcinogenic to humans ?? based on limited evidence from human studies.

Meanwhile, the American Association for Cancer Research in 2013 published a study suggesting the use of talcum powder asbestos ?? is associated with a slight increase of 20-30 percent risk of developing epithelial ovarian cancer. ?? Ovarian cancer is the fifth most common cancer in women.

While researchers say there is still not enough evidence to show concise conclusions, these studies raise concerns for me. I have used talcum powder as a child, and I also applied my children ?? many women have done for years.

History and controversy Talc Products

Johnson & Johnson introduced the public to the talcum powder in 1883. The company has promoted for moisture control and prevention of babies rashes.

After the First World War, the drugmaker has launched the largest advertising campaign in history, resulting in its becoming talcum powder baby product most used and trusted worldwide. Despite its lasting success on the market, the company's product is closely monitored several times.

In 2013, health officials in India have found a chemical used to sterilize medical equipment and kill bacteria in the baby of the J & J powder had not been completely removed from the product to local factory before the products were shipped to stores. The chemical oxide, ethylene, is a known carcinogen.

Other Health Concerns About Talc

Although the Food and Drug Administration of the United States does not regulate the ingredients in cosmetics, except additives color, the agency had received several concerns about possible asbestos in cosmetics.

FDA conducted a study between 09 and 2010 to address these concerns in products containing talc, including eye shadow, blush, foundation, face powder and powder body .

results :. ?? No asbestos fibers or structures [found] in any of the samples of cosmetic grade talc raw materials or cosmetics containing talc ?? But the FDA accepts the results were limited because ?? only four talc providers submitted samples. ?? J & J provided the FDA with its baby powder.

?? For these reasons, while the FDA considers these results informative, they do not prove that most or all cosmetics containing talc or talc currently marketed in the US are likely to be free of asbestos contamination. ??

as talc contains asbestos or not, there are other problems associated with talcum powder.

The National Institutes of Health shows that accidental or long term breathe or swallow talc dust ?? especially in infants ?? can cause a variety of symptoms, including:

  • Coughing
  • Throat irritation
  • Diarrhea
  • Vomiting
  • convulsions
  • pulmonary insufficiency
  • Coma fever
  • blister

For these reasons, some doctors believe it is dangerous.

Personal experience with J & J baby powder

The silky smell of baby powder Johnson & Johnson is something I have come to know early in my life . According to my mother, she sprinkled on my ass at every diaper change and dusted with my chest after she bathes me.

When I'm old enough to bathe, I continued this ritual. It has become as familiar to me as cleaning my teeth.

My pleasant association with J & J baby powder lasted into adulthood. When I eventually married and had children of my own, it seemed natural to use them as my mother did with me.

If I had known then what I know now, I would not used at all.

Alternatives to talcum powder-Based

Johnson & Johnson also produced a body powder with cornstarch instead of talc for those who prefer to avoid any risk to health.

Personally, I prefer to make my own body powder these days. At least, I can be 100 percent sure that this does not pose a risk to my health.

Making your own body powder is fun and a lot easier than you might think. All you need are a couple of household items, including a funnel, a plastic spoon, some container for powder (like an empty bottle pill), starch or organic corn bentonite clay (you can order on Amazon.com), and essential oils if you want fragrant.

Whatever choices you make on whether to use using body powder, it is important to remember to be careful about the products you use on your body and your loved ones, especially when there could be a health risk.

Author Image

About Waektra
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design