Saturday, September 3, 2016

Walking in your shoes :. Asbestos The story of Karen Marshall

0
Walking in your shoes :. Asbestos The story of Karen Marshall -
When I start writing this blog every week, I try to put myself in your shoes
This is the thing I'm in your shoes. My beloved may have died because of exposure to asbestos. I did not know at the time.

nagging questions about cancer

In my first blog posts, I described the experience of my family when my mother fought against stomach cancer. I described how she took the defenders of support. I also spoke of the financial burden my parents face.
I do not say much about how the disease affected me. Planning my mother helped to ease the burden when she was dying. But some pain is inevitable in these situations.
I fought for years to support my family and also hold on to my career, my new marriage and the rest of my life. As hard as I tried, I could not just do everything. When I think of life after cancer, "collateral damage" comes to mind
During all this, the same thing kept nagging at me :. What caused the cancer? I was so frustrated. But it was more than wish the cancer had not arrived.
Deep inside I knew must not happened. My instinct tells me that someone was responsible. I need answers.
But nobody ever explained the cause to my satisfaction. I looked at the risk factors, but none seemed to apply. So we have done our best to deal with what little information we had.

Does asbestos Because stomach cancer my mother?

Today, I know that there is a close link between exposure to asbestos and stomach cancer. But that's not why I work for mesothelioma Centre.
I joined the team because I wanted to put my legal skills to work for cancer patients like my mother. I wanted to provide useful information and resources for patients and their families. I wanted to offer at least one person the kind of support that my family needed.
I thought the work affects me personally. But I do not foresee how much.
You see, my work has led to a shocking discovery. While researching something Asbestos.com, I saw a familiar name on a list of asbestos defendants. It was the employer of my mother before I was born.
She mentioned when I was little, but I did not know what they did. I did not really know that the work may have exposed my mother to asbestos.
Apparently, my mother did not know either.

answer my questions and Yours

Community Holds Hands I'll probably never know exactly what happened to my mother or why we had to go through a lot. But have a little more information made me feel a little better. For some reason, the most nagging questions do not haunt me.
This is not a blog about me, so I usually focuses on new legal or explain part of the judicial process. But the coming months will be a little different. It seems like a good time to get very personal.
March marks the sixth anniversary of the death of my mother. I tend to look for more answers than usual this time of year. So now seems like a good time to consider questions like:
  • What if we had known about a possible link with asbestos
  • Qu'est- I did, as a daughter and a lawyer? To help my own family?
  • What would my family were in your shoes? Why would you do something different?
The answers may surprise you. So stay tuned.
Meanwhile, Asbestos.com visit to learn more about the links between asbestos and diseases like stomach cancer.
Author Image

About Waektra
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design