Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Creating stories of hope

0
Creating stories of hope -

Lately I've spent a lot of time to provide information to cancer patients and their caregivers. I started it a few months ago when my aunt breast cancer returned after a brief remission. I wanted him and his girls help.

Recently, I was asked to help more people starting this blog for mesothelioma patients and their caregivers. I have not thought much about cancer since my mother fought against stomach cancer a few years ago.

It was not easy then and it is not easy now.

Knowing the information to share is not the hard part. From my own experiences and resources of the Firm Peterson, I have lots of information to share. So why did I write and cast as blog entries before writing it? I do not want you to know that the natural history of my family had a sad end.

there

Five years, I sat mom aside and watched him die.

My aunt also died a couple of weeks ago. I did not see at the end because I stayed away from my family for the same reason that I did not initially want to tell you that my mother died, I was afraid that no matter how my information was helpful, the that it came from me ?? a caregiver whose beloved was dead ?? simply would sadden you and take away your hope.

In reality, however, the history of our cancer was hopeful. It took a lot of soul searching to remember that the way our story ended not as important as what happened after it began.

Shortly after my mother was diagnosed, she began making her affairs in order. She did not know how the story would end 18 months later, but she knew she wanted to be as comfortable as possible and spend all the time she had left with his family. We can not have realized it yet, but this decision would help to enjoy more time with us instead of worrying about what would happen to us after she was gone.

It is difficult to talk about how we would pay the medical bills, the type of care she wanted and even his will, but we argued and had difficult conversations in the beginning.

He gave her peace of mind she needed after surgery, during radiation and chemotherapy, and when we ran out of medical options. As I look back, I realize that every moment we spent on these details bought days we simply holding her hand, looking into the eyes and, yes, even laughing and smiling with her.

If you are reading this you or someone you probably received a diagnosis that left you with little hope. Although I am a caregiver whose beloved is dead, I can honestly say that there is hope. No matter how your own story begins and ends, there is hope that you can have some peace of mind during the days between.

Every time I wonder if I could have done more for my mother, I remember what she told me the night before his death. It was very quiet that day, but tonight she made a point to tell me that we had made her comfortable. She said that despite many months of physical suffering. That was our last conversation.

We hope this blog will be the beginning of many new conversations. We will offer information and many other legal resources to help with your general well-being and peace of mind. We also hope that these conversations will help you and your family live as comfortable as possible in the coming days.

Author Image

About Waektra
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design