Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Writing: a form of therapy for patients with cancer

0
Writing: a form of therapy for patients with cancer -

rare cancers such as mesothelioma can be difficult to treat and even harder to manage. There are many forms of alternative therapies using patients to feel better with mesothelioma and other diseases, which was not mentioned was written. Research shows that expressive writing or therapy of the journal is an excellent alternative to other treatments to improve health.

I came across the blog of Joyce Rothman, Making Sense of It All and was immediately attracted to his unique writing style and the message she was sending. She has been logging for 28 years and is currently struggling with stage 3a lung cancer. Joyce currently writing about his experiences, feelings and family. He was on the honor of getting its insider on writing perspective.

Why did you start writing?

I started writing when I was young enough to help me manage early childhood trauma. I was fourteen at the time and writing became a way for me to sort out my feelings because I had the most difficult time verbalizing. Talking did not give me the insight or direction that I had to write and helped me get clearer. I write and off through the years, but steady since August 08.

I told wonderfully wise healer intuitive energy how writing helped me and I had learned to tap into an inner source of wisdom that gave me answers, advice, comfort and love that my conscious mind does not seem to have. She suggested that if I could get help by writing and going inside, maybe I should write to help others too. I committed myself to write every day for 40 days and have not stopped since.

What do you write?

I write about everything that happens in my life since my diagnosis but both pancreatic and lung cancer in July 2010, I wrote primarily about that. My gut feeling tells me that if I was open and honest about what was happening to me and is not afraid to reveal the heart of the serious things that other people could relate and find something that will help them cope as well. I realized that I kept going, that writing gave me courage, kept me hope and helped to reduce fear.

How many times can you write?

I write my blog and column weekly newspaper but I also write during the week for myself. I want to publish a book in the near future.

When did you realize that writing would help you cope with your new emotions?

I learned that when I started, but I also found that time passed, I trusted the words that came out were healing me in a way I could not heal me . I really think it's a way to connect with God, divine guidance, higher power, the Universe, Spirit, angels or whatever you want to call this energy of love. It makes the whole experience of the fight against cancer as good as it can be. I learn a lot about the good side of life and think that I'm in a better place emotionally than I have ever been.

How do you feel like your blog helped your community?

People tell me that I put into words, thoughts that they had not been able to express, but they share with me. And reading of what is happening to me and how I get through it, they can also be used. This is the most amazing part of sharing my writing. I always had a dream that I find something in life that would have a profound effect on me, in a positive way that I could share and that would help other people too. And?? which is really my dream. Who would have thought to have cancer, would have happened? Certainly not me, but I am very thankful anyway.

Joyce Rothman lung cancer survivor

We thank Joyce for sharing this valuable information with our community. For more information about him, visit his blog Making Sense of It All. Joyce is a newspaper columnist broadcast nationally via Gatehouse News Service. His weekly column, "Lessons of cancer" is available online and in the press through their publications. There is currently no cure for mesothelioma, so we are always looking for new ways patients can feel better and improve their health. for more information about alternative therapies visit Asbestos.com.

Have you tried writing or journaling? Share your experiences with us Facebook and Twitter . If you enjoyed this article please add us on Google+ .

Author Image

About Waektra
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design