Tuesday, September 27, 2016

When your husband is diagnosed with mesothelioma, your life changes

0
When your husband is diagnosed with mesothelioma, your life changes -

There is an old adage that goes, "You never know until you've been there. " This was certainly true for me. There was no way I could imagine what it would be like to be told that my husband had cancer and, even worse, that his cancer had no cure.

I still remember the shock I felt to hear those words tragic and the range of emotions that followed. Disbelief, anger, fear and sadness were all part. But the most common emotion was a feeling of helplessness.

My mind was usually controlled chaos. The only way I could manage was to tell me that this could not be true, that my husband is going to die and that I would find a way to save him.

It is amazing how quickly things changed when my husband was diagnosed. Almost immediately we entered another life, one of pain and death. The reality of this existence had always been there. But until mesothelioma has been introduced into our world, we were able to ignore the fragility ?? and purpose ?? of life.

And then something became very clear. As I became a caregiver for my husband, I realized how many people are traveling personnel cancer

A common goal :. To survive

He showed me more than anything else could that regardless of color, creed, financial situation or religious belief ?? we are all human beings who are struggling to survive.

Mesothelioma Patient, Brian Kember

And he also brought my own mortality at home.

I can not imagine what it would be like to be told I had a disease for which there was no cure. I do not know if this misfortune happen to me I'll take a long time to accept it. And that, as I tried to find a cure for Brian, I search high and low for a cure for myself.

But then, this is something we would do. No one want to die. And even if life is limited, we can not live without hope. Hope is what makes us get out of bed in the morning. Hope is what allows us to sleep at night. Without hope, life is meaningless.

I had two years of on the job training as a caregiver for my beloved Brian, a role I really should have to play. I had no training, but I had the best motivation. I was driven by my love for my husband and my determination to keep him out of pain.

The bread- and routine management of symptoms, I put in place enabled him to master the remarkable pain and allowed Brian to stay active and continue to go fishing, his passion. Like morphine and methadone eased his physical pain, fishing eased his mind and gave him something to hope for.

Additional Works of care for patients with mesothelioma

Since __gVirt_NP_NN_NNPS <__ death of Brian, I learned about the benefits of complementary therapy for patients cancerous. I now work as a coordinator at a nonprofit center, support of cancer that provides free complementary therapies to cancer patients and their caregivers. Treatments include:

  • Massage
  • Reflexology
  • Reiki
  • Pranic
  • Healing Touch
  • Qi Gong
  • counseling

All are made by qualified practitioners and certified who offer their time on a weekly or fortnightly basis.

Mesothelioma Patient and Caregiver, Brian and Lorraine Kember

You might ask council being a therapy. It is a vital therapy that can be a huge benefit both cancer patient and caregiver. Often after a cancer diagnosis, the family members are trying to stay strong for each other and hold a lot of emotions. Talk to someone who is not connected to the family allows all the suppressed emotions to be expressed and brings with it a huge relief.

complementary therapies have proven beneficial for cancer patients. Among other things, the patients reported:

  • reduced incidences of nausea after chemotherapy
  • Reduced levels of pain
  • increased relaxation
  • improved sleep
  • An overall improvement in general well-being

therapies are themselves not the only benefit. People say that, while being able to choose to have one or more complementary therapies, they regained some control over their lives and felt as if they were doing something positive to help themselves.

Lorraine will be contributing more blogs and videos in the coming months. Do you have a question for Lorraine? Let her know in the comments below or on Facebook. You can also watch the video on relations with mesothelioma prognosis.

Author Image

About Waektra
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design