Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Sea trips and soothing music Help Manage Stress caregivers

0
Sea trips and soothing music Help Manage Stress caregivers -

Expecting the death of my husband pleural mesothelioma was like sitting on a time bomb ?? knowing that he was leaving and being powerless to stop it.

Every night for two years between his diagnosis and his death, I went to bed with the idea of ​​losing my mind and woke up every day to the same sad reality.

Brian was my world.

We had been together for 34 years when he was diagnosed. The idea of ​​losing it broke my heart.

Sometimes my stress has reached such a level that I felt like running down the street and scream my head. Not wanting to disturb the neighbors, I do not give that urge. I, however, managed to find a place where I could put a voice to my feelings.

Seaside Living Benefits soul and body

We lived on the coast at the time, and I began taking regular walks along a secluded beach. Here, only the seagulls hear me, I cried and cried my heart's content without reservation. Letting go of my self-control was incredibly liberating, and I could almost feel the anxiety and stress from my body.

I find that swimming also helped to manage my stress. Once immersed in the ocean, I could think of nothing but the cold sensation, salt water against my skin and how it made me feel.

Although I did not know it at the time, swimming in the ocean was good for me in many ways

Seawater contains many minerals that are beneficial to health :.

salt

This is known as a natural healer. Swimming in the ocean can: ..

  • rid your skin of foreign toxins and heal your cuts and wounds
  • Cleanse and revitalize your skin
  • Relieve your muscle aches and pains.
  • exfoliate your scalp and get rid of dandruff.

magnesium

Magnesium is a nutritional element required for more than 300 biochemical reactions in our body. He also

  • Regulates body temperature
  • Maintains healthy teeth and bones
  • Increases energy
  • detoxifies the body
  • ....
  • help to retain moisture in the skin.

iodine

iodine is a primary trace element and one of the most potent natural antioxidants. It is also a natural antibiotic that helps protect us against infection.

The sea is rich in iodine, which is why swimming in the ocean is so good for us. Iodine is also present in the atmosphere, especially when we are near the sea

Other health benefits of iodine :.

  • Improves thyroid function
  • Maintains optimum energy. levels in the body.
  • strengthens the immune system.

other benefits of the sea

Furthermore the therapeutic properties of the ocean, it also provided a safe way for me to exercise. I had given up the sport a few years ago because of bad knees and was prone to gain weight. Because swimming is a non-weight-bearing exercise, he let me do more, and I'm able to burn a lot of calories.

This is not to say that I was swimming marathons. Much of the time, I just float. I discovered that floating was good for me, as well.

The floating almost weightless relieves stress on the muscles and relaxes. More oxygen-rich blood is diverted from your lower limbs to other parts of the body, including the brain. The result:. increased vigilance

In addition to these health benefits, my regular trips to the seaside me out of the house and exposed me to fresh air and sunlight ?? a natural source of vitamin D, which is essential to the health and well-being.

Unfortunately it was not possible for me to visit the beach whenever I felt overwhelmed. It has become necessary for me to find another way to relax.

Music soothes the body and mind

Always a lover of music, I set aside a time each day (usually when Brian was taking a nap) to listen to a selection of my songs or favorite instrumental pieces. I would then lie on an ottoman with my headphones on and my eyes closed.

When listening to music this way, I am able to close everything and just focus on the words or the melody of the piece that was playing. Sometimes I put the meditation music on and drifted off to sleep.

No matter what kind of music I listened to, he never failed to make me feel better.

Music is more than a combination of different sounds and vibrations. It is also a powerful stimulant that can have a dramatic effect on our emotions and even change our heart rate.

A lively music, for example, our heartbeat quickens and stimulates us to action. That's why this kind of music is good for parties and places where people love to dance.

music with a slower tempo, on the other hand, has the opposite effect. It slows our heart rate and helps us relax. It may be useful to listen to slow music when we feel anxious or distressed, because its calming effect reduces physical tension and helps relieve stress.

find what works for you

Caring for a loved one with a terminal illness like mesothelioma is a devastating experience that can only be understood by those who lived it. Although I spoke to manage my stress, I can not certify that the provision of care for a terminally ill loved could never be stress.

Experience has taught me that it is possible to reduce the stress so it does not become debilitating. Discovering the sea and listening to music are good for our well-being. For me, these activities have also worked to manage my stress.

If you are providing care for a loved one with mesothelioma, find something that works for you. Remember, your health is important. Without it, you may not be able to continue your caregiving role or be strong for your loved one when they need you most.

Author Image

About Waektra
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design