Sunday, October 16, 2016

Christine S. A New Exciting the Survivor Series Insight

0
Christine S. A New Exciting the Survivor Series Insight -

When we started our Insight Survivor Series, one of the first survivors who wanted to talk about mesothelioma was Christine S . We want to thank for contributing to Wall of Hope and inspire mesothelioma patients worldwide.

Sorry to announce that Christine died in August 2013 his last name is being withheld on privacy.

What was it like to experience the birth of your first grandchild?

Our first grand-son, Aidan James, was born December 13, 2012 at 1:29 p.m., weighing 7 pounds 4 ounces. It is twice her dad. This was great news for me and another reason to run meso key for much longer. This gives me more strength to be around for as long as possible ?? Aidan grow to enjoy, see all the changes and even see him running towards me with his arms outstretched.

When I saw him and had the chance to hold him I burst into tears. I kind of regained control, and then the little hand is out of the coverage, it was wrapped and locked on my finger. I was crying all over again. It was a miracle for me, and I never expected to be there for.

How did you feel when you found your mesothelioma cancer had grown up?

I knew meso would grow again (you can never get out of there), you hope it just takes longer. I lived with my diagnosis five years, so in terms of other patients, I'm lucky. So I was not surprised when I was told that it had become a small amount. Obviously disappointed, but it could have been much worse.

How many times you are scanned for mesothelioma?

I sweep around once a year. One year, ME was scanned twice that I suffered much more pain than normal. Some people with different hospitals is scanned more often. I get X-rays between the two also.

You said that you do not feel ready for chemotherapy. Can you tell the community why? What needs to be physically and mentally ready for something like chemotherapy?

When I find my meso increased slightly, I had experienced a long period of pain and no pain medication seemed to work. I was liquid morphine, but my body just does not with morphine, even with anti-sickness tablets. So physically, I think I could not have faced more chemotherapy, which was offered at that time.

mentally I could not have faced either. I have to be at a point where I'm in control and I think I'm doing the right thing at the right time and therefore I decline the chemo. I'm in a better place now. The pain comes and the pain goes, and I am better able to judge how to cope. When the meso grows again, so I'll have to reconsider more chemo. I am now on slow-release morphine tablets I face a lot better. The pain is under control for now.

What were the past challenges that you have had with chemotherapy? Aidan James grandson of Christine Shippen

The first time with chemo, I felt I had no choice. I thought it was the only chance to get maybe a few years live.I said some side effects to expect, and I must say the staff of oncology at my hospital was excellent. I liked how the result has been exposed and I relaxed a lot more.

I was sick really bad just once. so additional medication was given to stop it, but I do not know if it works. Constipation, especially near the end of chemotherapy, was terrible. I had sore eyes and was ready to throw in the towel after the third session. My oncologist has changed I received cisplatin with another drug Alimta and always kept in the mix. The last three tests were much easier in that they do not take as long. I'm not looking forward to more chemo. Well, who would?

Your attitude or perspective changed in the last year?

I really think my attitude has changed over the past year. I guess I can not accept that I will die soon. What helped me to start thinking, "Well, I have terminal cancer, but I could not catch anything else that could take me or I could get flattened by a bus or other" What I always wish and. pray for is that one day someone will come up with a cure. you have to believe.

Moreover, in Britain, we do not seem to have much choice you make in the uS. you seem to have more treatments available to try as cryoablation, for one. I will try, instead of chemotherapy again, but I'm not as strong as I was there five years and I am convinced that air travel would be too difficult. it would also cost a lot of money, not only for the operation, but the travel and accommodation on top of that. So, it's back to the drawing board.

But the longer I live, I continue to thank God for giving me the will to believe that I will take the fight to the end. My view remains positive.

If you are interested in contributing to our Wall of Hope as well, feel free please contact us at outreach@asbestos.com.

Author Image

About Waektra
Soratemplates is a blogger resources site is a provider of high quality blogger template with premium looking layout and robust design